WHO? Who are CARE MANAGEMENT CLIENTS of ElderCare Resources, Inc.?
Adults and minors who are cognitively, emotionally, or physically disabled, frail, or overwhelmed. Need or disability may be permanent or temporary, chronic or acute.
Cognitive impairments or mental/emotional impairments may result from:
- Age-related frailty, Brain injury, Memory loss, Psychiatric condition
- Acute illness/injury, Surgery, Chronic illness, Stroke
WHAT? What are CARE MANAGEMENT SERVICES of ElderCare Resources, Inc.?
- Coordination of health-care services: arranging appointments, transportation, assistance
- Communication: among client, health care providers, pharmacy, family, caregivers
- Direction to caregiver team: including caregivers from family, agency, or private-contract
- Calendaring and Scheduling: for all appointments and activities
- Connection to community: supports services, activities, transportation, legal help
- Household management: arranging maintenance, repairs, services for home or car; or pet care
- Daily money management: writing checks, checkbook register, shopper oversight
- Optimizing living situation: evaluate needs, resources; correct problems; assist with move
- 24/7 Response available: for emergencies, vacation monitoring, other needs
- Registered Nurse: medical advocacy
- Care Manager: coordination of whole care team
- Specialized tasks: any task that doesn’t fall into someone else’s bailiwick!
WHEN? When might you REFER a person for care management?
- The person would benefit from assistance in coordinating services and care
- The person is willing to accept assistance
- There is a need which no other involved person can or will fulfill
- Someone can and will be financially responsible
HOW? How do CARE MANAGEMENT services GET STARTED?
- Assessment visit at cost of $195
- Forms and private pay services agreement executed by client or person with authority
- Care Goals and Plan are set and executed
WHAT ABOUT? GUARDIANSHIP or CONSERVATORSHIP by ElderCare Resources?
An ElderCare Resources fiduciary can serve as guardian, conservator, trustee, or “POA.”
We do not give legal advice. SEE A LAWYER for legal advice about guardianship or conservatorship.
Common misunderstandings, corrected.
We are not a public or subsidized entity.
We do not offer free services.
We are not a caregiver agency. We coordinate with agencies and private aides.
We do not provide cash or voucher assistance (utility bills, housing, etc.).
ElderCare Resources, Inc. — Your Care Team Partner Since 1990